Missed my Gym session

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

steamin10

Missed my Gym session

Post by steamin10 »

Well I thought with all the bad weather, rain, gloom, I could get to the Gym finally.

Nope, I missed out.

(Thats eight years running)- changed-edit
Thats eight years in a row now.

:D I feel better..
Last edited by steamin10 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
RLWP

Re: Missed my Gym session

Post by RLWP »

Well, I suppose you would if you have been running for eight years

Richard
rmac

Post by rmac »

curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

Dave, after all of that typing I think you deserve a bowl of ice cream.
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Ya know Curtis, funny thing is, I am Diabetic now, (since 95) and it was probably the 7-11 Big Gulps I had everyday for years on the way to work. My Highest weight, was 365 lbs. Gawd! With a 29 inseam and 46 waist, I was taller layin down than I was standing up! I love to cook and mansize portions aside, I went into the battle of the bulge, and won. Nothing heroic, but in 5 yrs I was 230 lbs. Ten years later, I am paying for that fat time with bad hips and sore knees. I still cook farm style and gourmet, never leave out the butter, and have ice cream just about every week. It is all in moderation, and movement to burn off what you eat. I had a fairly sedentary maintenance job, that has all changed now, as I have a lot of frenetic motion every day. I have my pulses of numbers, but for the most part, I only take a coulpa pills to help with fading insulin production, and sample those forbidden foods once in a while. Life doesnt have to be dull. Really it is an everyday challenge.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

Nice turn around Dave.

On another aspect of taking care of oneself, I was able to be at my father's side yesterday evening when he passed on at the age of 86. 50 years of smoking takes a toll on one's lungs. I will miss him sooooo much.

Gregg
Gregg
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I am saddened at the news, and dont know the right things to say, beyond the shallow rituals. I can empathise, however, as I lost my Father when he was only 62, I 24. We had so many things to see and do together, visions lost.

I am now 60, and feel as an orphan. All my mentors and older friends I looked to are gone, and I am too old for young friends. I have endured the losses, and trials, and take no pride in such humbling experience, that may cost others so much.

Do not mourn the loss, but revel in the memories of a life well lived. It is not the losses we cherish, but the memories of milestones past. That is how I see it. Life is a journey, and we only get to travel it once. When its over, I want anyone, and everyone to know I did it right.

My wish for you is for the Sun to greet you with pleasant warmth, the rains to fall softly on your pastures, and to enjoy the mysteries of the road ahead. I bid you peace, in your travels.

Dave.
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

steamin10 wrote:I am saddened at the news, and dont know the right things to say, beyond the shallow rituals. I can empathise, however, as I lost my Father when he was only 62, I 24. We had so many things to see and do together, visions lost.

I am now 60, and feel as an orphan. All my mentors and older friends I looked to are gone, and I am too old for young friends. I have endured the losses, and trials, and take no pride in such humbling experience, that may cost others so much.

Do not mourn the loss, but revel in the memories of a life well lived. It is not the losses we cherish, but the memories of milestones past. That is how I see it. Life is a journey, and we only get to travel it once. When its over, I want anyone, and everyone to know I did it right.

My wish for you is for the Sun to greet you with pleasant warmth, the rains to fall softly on your pastures, and to enjoy the mysteries of the road ahead. I bid you peace, in your travels.

Dave.
Thanks Dave. I shall cherish every moment, as well as every memory, my father and I had together for 58 years.
Gregg
JackF

Post by JackF »

Big Dave,

You are winning the battle. :) :) Gregg, sorry for your loss, lost my dad at 82, smoking for 20+ years at an early age and over weight for most of his life. :( By the way, welcome. :)

Jack.
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

JackF wrote:Big Dave,

You are winning the battle. :) :) Gregg, sorry for your loss, lost my dad at 82, smoking for 20+ years at an early age and over weight for most of his life. :( By the way, welcome. :)

Jack.
Thanks. You staying dry up there?
Gregg
JackF

Post by JackF »

Gregg,

Flood wise we are high and dry, rain wise, plenty wet. :roll: :wink:

Jack.