Zero in Indiana again

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

steamin10

Re: Zero in Indiana again

Post by steamin10 »

My freind John borrowed a Snap-On press set from another mechanical type, Glenn. Wow, what a diference. Driving the screw with a 22mm long combination wrench, doubled to a 24 for leverage, got the job done on the drivers side. Unfortunatly it got dusky and the temperature dropped, I got chills and had to quit. Also the first lower joint got wrecked, as the driver did not fit correctly on the other cheepy press set, and I dimpled the area out of round and stuck it in the lower A-frame. The boot is gone too, mashed on one side. $30 shot. Slowly, like a Glacier I progress. It is only gonna be about 24 tomorrow, but have all day to play. I will have to get another lower, but I dont care, all 4 joints,will be new this round, good for another 100K.

The spare mechanism was stuck. I torched the button in the center for the lifting cable, while holding the one side of the spare with a floor jack. It dropped as planned and did not swat me. The tire, while new, is a mismatch for the set, so I will have to spring for another tire, before we get along too far, and dont forget the broken windsheild. That makes another $300 for this springs repairs and upkeep.

Mom is unhappy that her truck is down a week already, being one of those that prefer instant magical service. In reality, this imperfect world I happen to live in, tracking down the used part, and getting a press that works, has taken up the staging time.

Sitting on a bucket, hunched over and pulling wrenches is showing how old I am with the resulting aches. My get er' done, has done gone and went.

Mom came home all yippee skippy, 9 pigs out, and two sets of three for give ups. One large cage sold, and one Rabbit cage in. A good day all round. Now tomorrow she will order about 200lbs of food, for the rest of the herd. The poor UPS guy will have to handle it.

I got two cage liners that are Colo-plast. They aer big enough to make about 3 inspection boards for the new bottom boards on the langstroth beehives. Saves me from buying any.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
steamin10

Re: Zero in Indiana again

Post by steamin10 »

Well with this Sunday being the middle of the Month, the begining of spring has past, and we are into the time change, I think I will change too. I will be leaving this thread die, and return to the Saga of Never Enough Time.

Thanks for the reads and participation here. It is always fun for me.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.