Zero in Indiana again

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

steamin10

Zero in Indiana again

Post by steamin10 »

The weather is changing again: with the polar circle flow.

Winter in Indiana,
And the gentle breezes blow
70 miles an hour
At 35 below
OH, how I love Indiana,
When the snows up to your butt,
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes the weather here is wonderful,
So I guess I'll hang around,
I could never leave Indiana,
Cause I'm frozen to the ground.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
hammermill

Re: Zero in Indiana again

Post by hammermill »

sounds like you are well attached :lol:
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Over by the Illinois border some 5miles away, I394 got buried in 2" of fluff. Down I94 east of us, Michigan City got about 2-3". Right in my nearby town of Griffith, My truck is invisible with 24". It is mearly a bump in the snow.

The Taka-saki (?) tracked machine worked all day across the street and several friends driveways are clear. My 72 yr young next door neighbor, spent about an hour doing his drive and mine, as I dug out the Silver Rescue Ranger from the drift encasing it, and drove around the block. The 1.1 mile jaunt took 20 minutes. It is suppose dto stay low temps, making the mush through the knee deep snow with waterbuckets a bit of fun. His aging Ford skid steer is much like him wheezy, but wont quit. I have a young freind coming over tonite to shovel a path to the trucks, so Mom can go to work in the morning. We will dine in with carryout beef sandwiches, or maybe some Gyros. Its only a mile away, and better than King, or Donalds any day. John, will get to shovel about 80feet of kneedeep, for his dinner. At least they wont find me face down in a drift, from killer snow. :evil:
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

Good thing 2 getting a suit cleaned is expensive sounds like time for big snowshoes.
Will call you

Nanak of the north
spro

Post by spro »

Restricting as the snow can be
It can't freeze good poetry
ken572

Post by ken572 »

Nice poem Dave. 8)

Ken. :)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

My wife looked at the outside thermometer yesterday morning and said:

"It's 18 degrees.....

oh, wait, there's a decimal point in that"

Steve
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Guess the temperature.....
Chilly.jpg
Hint..... Zero? Quit whinin'.....

:wink:
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Ihave been watching the news o the latest part of the NW IN disaster. Near exit 34 on I-94 Eastbound some lake effect snow got in the way, and now 40+ vehicles are stacked up across the roadway, and at 7pm they are using hydraulic shears to extricate victims trapped in the wreckage. there are two declared dead so far, and about 20 that have been removed to hospitals, by road and helicopter to Chicago Rush St Lukes, and South Bend Hospitals, for tratment of minor injuries and frostbite/hypothermia.

Once more Eastbound I-94 is closed to traffic, and they have no idea when the equipment will have the roadway clear, they are talking maybe Friday afternoon.

I am glad I dont have anyplace to go out there.

And it is zero here right now. I dont whine. I Wine with my dog on my lap. Now my satellite is down too, estimated repair by Sunday. (Grrrr!) And my DVD player is fritzed too. It dont rain but what it , uh, snows?

My hopes to those trapped in this ugly mess, and to those already lost, in the wicked weather.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Best to not have anyplace to go, or not go anyplace that you were plannin' on goin'.

You seem to be well acquainted with Murphy of late. Nothing on TV anyway......
Does the dog play cards?

Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

well it i not that cold here but just got done changing a blower on the pellet stove, thank goodness i had spares in the garage, lot easier to get er going again except i am now searching for the elf who hid every one of my vast selection of 7/16 inch wrenches.
spro

Post by spro »

If you were my Dad, it coulda been me :oops: Seriously; This global warming change thing ( icon of shoveling money into a stove) has been a wake- up to many. Like it is 53 degrees in the house and I wake up. The efficient furnaces go over pressure or over temp and shut down because, you see, it's not supposed to get THIS cold. Right. Well who wrote that law.