How Many of You Remember T.C.'s Norton's

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Re: How Many of You Remember T.C.'s Norton's

Post by spro »

I made a grave error and now it has been quoted. I do not and will not harbor malice towards anyone. Things happen and if I had Known beforehand there were avenues to change them. I could not violate his trust about his issues. I screwed up by mentioning even one friend dead over 30 years ago. I have no right to post about any individual, save a compliment, here.
I don't belong to other groups. I don't do Facebook or UTube. I am at your mercy in my frankness at times. It is as we were having a private discussion. YOU are not quoted or named anywhere by me. EVER! I have a very short list of people I converse with and they must know that it is all trust. Not even dead can it be violated and I did that. I don't deserve to post anymore. So I won't.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I think a recounting of history is never harmful, regardless the content. It is past, and what was, while we cannot live there, I see no harm in revealing what turns out to be dumb moves. We have all made them, along with snap judgements. Many things can involve us, and we have no fault only to move on to the future.

Anymore, I do not subject myself to others bad decisions. If a problem is obvious, I fix it going in, or I make my suggestions and bail, and watch for the outcome. Often the process never moves forward because the flaws stated are never overcome, or come true in process, and the project is abandoned. (fails). I dont do failure, I dont volunteer. I occasionally bump my nose on a wall, and it forces a change of course. Well, so thas one solution that did not work. It is said T. Edison watched something like 1200 failures of his light bulb, and understood 1200 things that dont work. In the process he created a threaded base (Edison Base) and ways to manufacture vacuum tubes, process glass into thin envelopes, and make better switches for handling power and current, before he had a bulb that worked. He was not a genious, he was determined, and learned what worked, and what did not. Simple answers for complex preblems. Step by step.

I dont believe you violate a sacred trust. I think you recall a narrative about life.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
ken572

Post by ken572 »

Big Dave,

Very well Said. :wink:

Ken.
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.
pacrat

Post by pacrat »

Triple Norton's kinda remionds me of Tommy Ivo and his buicks. :shock: :lol:
ken572

Post by ken572 »

pacrat wrote:Triple Norton's kinda remionds me of Tommy Ivo and his buicks. :shock: :lol:
Yup :!: :D

I saw him run at Great Lakes Drag Way in Union Grove Wisconsin

A few times. I used to call him The Master Of The Nail Heads with his

Four Engine Dragster and his Twin Engine 1956 Buick Special 8) :lol:

Ken. :)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.