Self Shop Computer Support (UPDATE #3) 06-14-2014

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

ken572

Post by ken572 »

Good Morning :!:(ALL) :D

The Elder Geek - (FREE) - (DONATIONS IF YOU WANT TO)

T.E.G. Home Index. (ALL WINDOWS VERSIONS)

I.M.H.O. – This is a must go to web site.

Very well laid out.

All that is required of you, is to Read, Think, and Do.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/index.htm

Enjoy. 8)

Ken. :)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.
tornitore45

Re: Self Shop Computer Support (UPDATE #3) 06-14-2014

Post by tornitore45 »

I have no worries about the legitimacy of "The Elder Geek" website, the personality that transpires from the owner writing clears my "integrity detector", however, beware of the links to utilities and various software goodies.

I downloaded the "free" Registry Booster from Uniblue. It is not free, but that is not the worst.
The program is "sticky" it keeps reloading every booth up or when I run RegClean it hangs up the computer.
The program tend to force you to buy by being tricky to quit, when you finally remove the program it launches another free offer to a different program.
If you are computer literate is not difficult to get rid permanently, if you are not too comfortable with sleuthing rogue program you are stuck.

I will never buy anything from a company that triggers my "integrity detector" by any form of deception, pushiness, half truths or lies.
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX
ken572

Post by ken572 »

tornitore45 wrote:I have no worries about the legitimacy of "The Elder Geek" website, the personality that transpires from the owner writing clears my "integrity detector", however, beware of the links to utilities and various software goodies.

I downloaded the "free" Registry Booster from Uniblue. It is not free, but that is not the worst.
The program is "sticky" it keeps reloading every booth up or when I run RegClean it hangs up the computer.
The program tend to force you to buy by being tricky to quit, when you finally remove the program it launches another free offer to a different program.
If you are computer literate is not difficult to get rid permanently, if you are not too comfortable with sleuthing rogue program you are stuck.

I will never buy anything from a company that triggers my "integrity detector" by any form of deception, pushiness, half truths or lies.
Mauro :D
Thanks for sharing your experience. :wink:

I agree, you have to be very cautious as

you move on to maintain your system, and

learn. 8)

Ken. :)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

I whole heartedly agree . Ken thanks for sharing.