Freaking ticks

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Freaking ticks

Post by spro »

No they aren't supposed to be a problem this season. They are around and the ones I've seen lately are about the size of a match head. These are large enough to feel crawling around, looking for the right spot. When mowing under trees I wear a type of fishing cap which has a neck protector. Still apparently, tics get on a shirt and work their way up. I've read the smaller brown ones , deer tics, are the ones more likely to carry Lyme disease. So they are all bad news.
Last edited by spro on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spro

Re: Freaking ticks

Post by spro »

When I was mowing with some residue DEET some ticks went on me. One I found on its way to my head and another, fully 10+ hours later, a slight sensation at the back of my head. My fingernails are long enough to be flat blade screwdrivers at times yet not too long. I had taken a shower hours before and then there was this tick. It was all ascramble. They strut like miniature crabs in their miserable existence. Being acute to the flesh of my body organ, I immediately ate the tick-no that would be ..I had some one else eat the tick, NO! I took the tick out of the back of my head and severed it between fingernails. Then crushed it, then swept it out. I still don't trust a tick for they are like poison ivy , which I can hate on a different topic.
ken572

Post by ken572 »

spro wrote:I still don't trust a tick for they are like poison ivy,
which I can hate on a different topic.
Good Morning :!: spro :D

WOW :!: :lol:

I am sure happy that you've got the Tick

situation figured out and under control. :shock: :lol:

Where is this place that you reside anyway :?:

I need to cross it off my list of future vacation

spots for camping. :roll:

Ken. :)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.
spro

Post by spro »

Oh Ken, don't cross off the valleys and beautiful areas round the Shenandoah river. This is interesting geography and quite pretty. Ticks just suck and so do overly long rambling posts, so they are edited.
mcostello

Post by mcostello »

I had 3 of them on ME last week.
spro

Post by spro »

I would like to just edit tics but they are pretty resistant to poisons. I wouldn't put anything down that kills the birds and other critters, so I'm just complaining. Maybe someone is more aware to a little sensation and investigates instead of being bit. There was some advise early in the year about tics and such being froze out by the low temperatures. I think the wet early summers and heat have brought them out.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Last year, we had ticks by the jillions. A pill bottle had the collection under alcahol, about 20 or so taken from pets and person. This year only three so far. We have armored the two Shetland sheepdogs with $80 chemical collars, that seem very effective at warding off the pests (and fleas).
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.