Carbon Fiber Cloth ?

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

PeteH

Carbon Fiber Cloth ?

Post by PeteH »

Anybody know of a good (cheap) source for small quantities of carbon fiber cloth ? I've been checking FleaBay and while there are some sources that are relatively cheap, the shipping is a killer.

Thanks...
Pete in NJ
SteveM

Re: Carbon Fiber Cloth ?

Post by SteveM »

Try sorting your ebay results by distance and see if there is anything close enough to pick up.

Steve
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

look at the model airplane shops and vender also store that deal in fiberglass products

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _1mtr.html.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I think major fiberglass cloth suppliers have access to carbon fiber materials, as that is the 'new tech' for boats planes and models. I ran across some ends and pieces of fine weaves when searching for boat materials.

Shipping is not all that bad, but it depends, I find the weight goes up in a hurry with the cloth and resin supplies.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.