Problem logging on yesterday

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

JackF

Problem logging on yesterday

Post by JackF »

Anyone else have a problem logging on yesterday? I tried early yesterday and Chaski started to load when the page turned into a request to join this group, don't remember the name as I shut down the computer asap. Anyway, this group said Chaski was now hosted by them and that I should join to continue onto the forum. After restarting my computer I tried to log on to chaski and my browser would bring up the Chaski address then just freeze. I tried again this morn. and everything works fine. Anyone else have a problem like this?

Jack.
Russ Hanscom

Re: Problem logging on yesterday

Post by Russ Hanscom »

I had the same problem several times, then it finally went away - just figured that Chaski was down for a while.
JackF

Post by JackF »

Hi Russ, were you asked to join a new host to continue to chaski? I Figured it was a scam to hijack my computer.

Harold, have you seen this before or has Chaski changed the host (group?)

Jack.
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

I had the same problem yesterday as well.

Got a page with something Gator Hosting and a "click here to continue" link, which I didn't click on...
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Come to think of it...I did a "print screen" on it after trying a few tries to get to Chaski as I though it was odd. It's on my computer at work, but I can post the screen image tomorrow if needed.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Glenn Wegman wrote:I had the same problem yesterday as well.

Got a page with something Gator Hosting and a "click here to continue" link, which I didn't click on...
Yup...I got the same gator, so i closed the tab & started over.
I noticed the site got really slow prior....I ended up with a double post....then I got the gator.

Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

The site began being troublesome late Friday evening by being unresponsive when I was trying to post a comment. I reported the condition to Mike Saturday when I had issues getting on the board. He, in turn, notified HostGator, with the problem being addressed by late afternoon.

No, I don't know what happened, only that we should be back to normal, which appears to be the case.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Hostgator?

Is that like a alladial....or a crockagator....

That's the critter I saw...don't know him, so I closed him.....

:)
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
JackF

Post by JackF »

So it looks like Gater is the host, I didn't know that. Or if I did it went the way of most everything traveling through my brain. :roll: :wink: :lol:

Jack.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

They provide web hosting services,think of a big server farm.the nice thing about them is access to the site is good and the server is not in someone's garage where it disappears if the get sick or other life problems.
J. Randall

Post by J. Randall »

I clicked my link late Fri. night, and it was trying to load but wouldn't, so I left it and went to something else. Came back later and it was loaded but looked totally different, a format I had never seen. Went ahead and read the new posts and all worked all right. Now back to normal for me.
James
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Yep! HostGator is the ISP--and is paid by Mike to keep the board available for us. That's all I know about the entire operation, but I think that's one of the things readers need to understand.

This board is free for the readers, with no strings attached (although readers are expected to behave properly). It all comes from Mike's pocket. He deserves the acknowledgment, in spite of the fact that he's a very private kind of guy. All I can say is he's treated me extremely well, especially considering he and I have never met, aside from the necessary correspondence that we exchange in keeping the board operational. He's an exceptional guy, at least in my opinion.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.