Foam Filled tires

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

juiceclone

Re: Foam Filled tires

Post by juiceclone »

I would tend to agree, but that's what I've read ...?...
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

well after the discussion on foam i stoped by harbor frieght and found solid core hard tires for 7 bucks each, got two sets one for the generator and one for a hand truck plus a spare set. these a heavey and have still rims to boot.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I must be blind, my store doesnt have them. Thats a good price for no-air tires.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

i checked they are item 35459 and show up on the web site on sale 6.99 10 inch solid rubber
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Dang! Thats IT!

I bought some disc wheels outta the Home store, that are $7.99, eight inch, but only 60 lb cap. and 1/2 inch bearings. (Lawn mower I guess).

These are 220 lb load and wide tired. A week and I will have 4. That it for me, problems solved.

By the way, go to the general site for HF, and get a 20% coupon. :mrgreen:
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

WOW! HF does have them on the shelf here. But they are HEAVY. If I put a set of 4 on the genset, it would add about 30 lbs to the total weight. So I cant lift it without the wheels, whadaya do with all the extra you load on. Build a portable truck? a YARD crane? Just gettin' old I guess. I am going with the lighter versions that only carry 60 lb each. They are steel centered and hard tired, but reasonably light.

Thanks for the info guys.