Print Yourself a New Car at Home..

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

ken572

Print Yourself a New Car at Home..

Post by ken572 »

(ALL) :D

The first 3D Printed Car.. :shock: 8)

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/world-firs ... 55876.html

Enjoy..

Ken. :)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.
steamin10

Re: Print Yourself a New Car at Home..

Post by steamin10 »

The 'Star Trekky' replicator at work at last!
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
earlgo

Re: Print Yourself a New Car at Home..

Post by earlgo »

The Stratasys Fortis printer that I was able to use at my former employer could not have made those 40 parts in 44 hours because it wasn't big enough and because it was too slow. If they used 40 bigger printers, maybe it would happen.
Additionally the printer plastic "ribbons" cost $15/cu inch for ABS plastic, so even though it is a fun thing to think about, it would not be cost effective.

Most likely things have changed in the last 3 years, but not that much, I'd guess. But then again we didn't understand transistors, LCDs and LEDs, MRI, CAT scans, and space travel.

Thanks for the link.

--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.