Another world and different angle

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Another world and different angle

Post by spro »

I rewatched Memphis Belle the other day. There was that footage of them being shot or sliced apart. The B-17 was what could be done and made in quantity. Horrible war. The one piece is film from a rear attack upon a B-17. Most of the film which survived was from destroying them. This footage sticks in my mind because you could see the flashes of return fire. Approaching them from the rear, shows what an otherworldly site that was. You can see damage received and the fighter coursed off to the upper left, not that the B-17 fell to the right.
When I think of the screaming engines of those days and frankly heroism of both sides I must think in different ways. Certainly, I must remember. Seventy plus years* I should know it. * I'm not seventy plus, the film is.
When our times require a different operation, it isn't that everyone can know it . We should know that the Best received their orders. Our Prayers are with them. It isn't film or even strikes. It is that These are exceptional in ways which cannot be described.
They are so far above us in technology and response in multiple levels.
There is a Tie to the young men who accomplished speeds for hours and operations, in very different craft, to serve us and the world.
spro

Re: Another world and different angle

Post by spro »

More to that and a fascinating video by Utube from England. It has many of our pilots of the B 17 in the rooms of strategy at that time. We were all together and more footage of the internals of B 17 than I saw before. The Lancaster heavy bomber is also there. Awesome machines. There is footage of shooting Nazi planes down.. and you see another is a B 17 shot down and they were crewed by our English brothers at that time. My... please not.. but it happened because it had to happen. All this loss required engineering to a future threat. When we respond it is something else like microbes or climate change?
spro

Re: Another world and different angle

Post by spro »

I hit a site which I thought... it is a UTube video http.youtu.be/Hw1VH5K.cW5s It is not what I meant to say. It is more and definitely worth watching. There is footage of Americans who flew the B 17 from England and internals of the planes. Mission's planning worth seeing.