page layout

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

aopagary

page layout

Post by aopagary »

this may not seem like a big deal, but today i was just sitting back and looking at the forum pages. take the Live Steam forum for instance. i use a moderately sized monitor, but when i bring up Chaski the full upper 1/2 screen is basically forum overhead. important icons and information, but look at all the empty space up there.

next are the announcements... important, for sure, but nothing that has really changed in literally years and for the average frequent user, likely passed over. so there goes another 1/3 of the screen.

what am i interested in? it starts about an inch from the bottom of the screen and i can see about 2-3 topics at most. ok i scroll down... now i can't see the forum i'm in anymore.

take a look at most other forums... if new topics are not at the top, they at least start in the upper 1/3 of the page.

just a thought.
cheers...gary
redneckalbertan

Re: page layout

Post by redneckalbertan »

Something can always be better, but I think we have it pretty good here on this site!

Here are screen shots of 3 other forums that I have been/am a member on. All in a similar place to the live steam section of the forum. All screen shot were taken when I was not logged in.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg