SHARING LARGE PDF FILES

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Mark in Modesto

SHARING LARGE PDF FILES

Post by Mark in Modesto »

Is there a FILES option here?

I have a 1913 Seneca-Falls Star Lathe catalog in PDF form, and it's fairly huge (32 megs). It shows breakdowns, all the accessories and a parts list with numbers, and I'd like to share it with everybody else, but I don't know if that's possible here. If so, could someone please point me in the right direction to do that?

If not, does anyone know of a site where I could put it, then post a link to those who might want to see it?

Thanks,

Mark in Modesto
whateg0

Re: SHARING LARGE PDF FILES

Post by whateg0 »

I have my own ftp server that I use for large files. Used to be, you could put stuff like that on the Geocities server if you created your own page. Not sure anymore what free web-hosting sites exist anymore.

Can you zip it and use the span function to make several smaller files?

Dave
Mark in Modesto

Hi Dave,

Although I've used one of these smart TV's since DOS and before we could even see pictures on the damn things, I'm afraid I don't understand everything I know about driving them nowadays, and the plain truth/answer to your question is: I don't know how to do that.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my puterguru, but he's not back from an outa-town trip yet.

You've given me a lead, though, and I'll see if I can find out how to 'zip' a file as you suggested.

Thanks for your input!

Mark
whateg0

Post by whateg0 »

Here's a pretty good tutorial, though it does mean you'll have to download the program they mention to do it. It is free, though. And looks pretty simple.

http://www.easywebtutorials.com/tutoria ... rchive.php

What operating system do you have?
Mark in Modesto

Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure it's the best approach for the task at hand. Zipability would be handy for other applications, and I'll download that software for future use. I DO appreciate your effort...

And, FWIW, my puterguru called, and said he has the perfect program to do what I want to do. He'll be over in the morning with his 4-gig memory stick (or something like that), and take the thing home to 'remodel' as necessary.

Hoping it works!

Mark, with fingers crossed.