Language on the forum

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

oldvan

Re: Language on the forum

Post by oldvan »

Mid Day Machining wrote:If you won't talk that way around your priest, your mother, your wife or your children, then don't post it here.
I'd still get in trouble.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

oldvan wrote:
Mid Day Machining wrote:If you won't talk that way around your priest, your mother, your wife or your children, then don't post it here.
I'd still get in trouble.
You are not alone. I'm well known for my salty language----which I try to control when I'm on the forum.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
rawMACH

Post by rawMACH »

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."
Justice Sandra Day O'Connor
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

rawMACH wrote:"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."
Justice Sandra Day O'Connor
A thought lost on many folks.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Kayrixi

Post by Kayrixi »

completely agree with the purpose of this post. really convenient to all of us the use of an appropiate language
oldvan

Post by oldvan »

This Monty Python song was relevant yesterday and today at work. Tomorrow will be better.
p pfeiffer

Re: Language on the forum (remember the newbies)

Post by p pfeiffer »

Don't forget... Some of the people are just starting out. In a "real shop" you could decide who to ask for help, and you soon learned who to avoid. But on this forum, everybody can take a shot at you. If you don't like newbies, give 'em a pass. SOMEBODY ELSE will answer them.
mikeehlert

Post by mikeehlert »

Thank you Harold.
We got a lot off topic yesterday. On many social forums it would have gotten simply nasty. Appreciate that the posts here were mostly gentlemanly but you were right to lock it up.
Mike
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Thanks, Mike.
It's not easy being a moderator. There are times when someone must be denied an opinion, regardless of its veracity. I try to be fair and even handed. Hope it's coming across that way. We must keep the board on (or near) topic. I will always enforce the no religion, politics, bad language and no flaming mandate. It seems, to me, like the right thing to do. :wink:

H
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

Harold_V wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:18 amI will always enforce the no...bad language...mandate.
My language is always good, even when it's bad. I am an ex-sailor, after all. :lol:
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Totally entrapment to bring up O'Connor on a forum where you can't discuss politics.

Will...be...strong...
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
Dave_C

Post by Dave_C »

Totally entrapment to bring up O'Connor on a forum where you can't discuss politics.
Not everything said or spouted from the mouths of men require me to form a response. Sometimes silence says more than 10,000 words!

Dave C.
I learn something new every day! Problem is I forget two.