Error message

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

RCW

Error message

Post by RCW »

Every time I press the "submit" button I get:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@chaski.gr303.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at www.chaski.org Port 80
--Bob
dorin

Re: Error message

Post by dorin »

What forum where you attempting to post on?
Do you remember what time did the error took place?
Anything additional?
Thank you,
Mike
www.chaski.com
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

RCW wrote:Every time I press the "submit" button I get:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@chaski.gr303.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at http://www.chaski.org Port 80
Can you tell us exactly where you were and what you were doing so we can attempt to recreate the problem? Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
RCW

Post by RCW »

Can you tell us exactly where you were and what you were doing so we can attempt to recreate the problem? Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
I was trying to reply to the rail gun post. Tried several time in the afternoon. Once was just before the time stamp on the message sent to you. Lather that evening the forum posting would work, but the PM wouldn't.

Thanks for working on this. The rest of us probably do not express out thanks often enough for your never-ending labor.

Bob
--Bob
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

RCW wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was trying to reply to the rail gun post. Tried several time in the afternoon. Once was just before the time stamp on the message sent to you. Lather that evening the forum posting would work, but the PM wouldn't.

Thanks for working on this. The rest of us probably do not express out thanks often enough for your never-ending labor.

Bob

Just a test post....
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

RCW wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob
Bob, you have stumped me. I posted no issue to the rail gun thread (I did delete the message)
Can you try once again? Are you high speed internet or dial up?
What web browser do you use?
Do you have problems posting in other forums?

Marty
RCW

Post by RCW »

Marty_Escarcega wrote:

Bob
Bob, you have stumped me. I posted no issue to the rail gun thread (I did delete the message)
Can you try once again? Are you high speed internet or dial up?
What web browser do you use?
Do you have problems posting in other forums?

Marty
Later it posted in a straightforward manner. I am stumped, too!

We are using DSL and Microsoft Explorer, but fairly vanilla flavors. Neither Lynne nor I have had problems with other programs or sites. Subsequently, this seems to have worked most of the time; all of the time recently. I did have the one problem of my previous message to you going to the drafts box instead of transmitting when I hit the "submit" button. Could I have hit the wrong key?

Thanks again.

Bob
--Bob
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Here we go...
Error.JPG
This one is from today, but I get it about once a week.

I clicked on "Request for Services" to see the latest post.

I have seen it on many of the fora at various times. Sometimes when initially opening the Forum, sometimes when posting.

XP Pro, Google Chrome.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
RCW

Post by RCW »

Earlier today everything was working fine. Now I am getting that "404 Error Message" again. Are we timing out?

Bob
--Bob
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

There has been a minor adjustment to he board software, in the hopes that the reported problem will have been eliminated. Please make note by posting here if you still get the Internal Server Error.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
RCW

Post by RCW »

Harold:
Sorry to bother you again, but I could repeat the posting from the 21st for today. I posted a response to Bill Shields and Old Van on the CNC thread, and everything worked fine. Then I noticed that I'd messed up the quote at the top, clicked the edit button, make the correstions and when I tried to submit, got the famous 404 error. I thought perhaps the problem was with my equipment/software, so I rebooted Explorer. 404. Rebooted the computer (Vista). 404. Now we'll see if this will submit.
--Bob
--Bob
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Administration has been exploring options in regards to the ongoing problem. They are coming to the conclusion that it might be wise to wait until the next upgrade, which may make all the difference in the world. Time is a problem right now, so it won't happen immediately. About the best we can hope for in the immediate future is that you achieve success, even if it takes multiple attempts.

Sigh! Damned computers! :-)

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.