Unread status has stopped changing

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

TomB

Unread status has stopped changing

Post by TomB »

Yesterday I changed my browser from IE to Firefox. (I was finding too many ad's were being inserted by Google/Adsense.) Today I'm on Home Machinist for the first time since I changed the browser. The threads that have changed since I last looked are painted gold in the little squares and they have a icon for going to the last unread comment. When I click on the thread and read the last page the 'gold' color use to go away but now it does not change. To further confuse things I opened a second window to the forum so I could see the color as I was writing this post and in that window the color had changed.

In summary it looks like the cookie was being updated as I read threads but the browser was not updating the display as that happened. Is that a characteristic of Firefox that forum experts recognize?

I also notices a message popping up at some point that said some of the SW needed for the page was not updated. Now I can't find the message and even if I could how would I know what to update? I mention this issue only because it might be related to why the browser is not addressing read status correctly as described previously.

Tom
Harold_V

Re: Unread status has stopped changing

Post by Harold_V »

I'm no help, Tom. Perhps Marty can offer his views.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
dorin

Re: Unread status has stopped changing

Post by dorin »

I don't know either what might be going on.

I suggest you go for a couple days and see how things go.

Oh for sure make sure you are coming in through chaski.org NOT chaski.com.

Also I do know that Oracle has pushed out a new java release in the last couple days..but that would not have anything to do with this website.
Sorry, I wish I could be more help.

[edit]
Also, if you have not already done so, do a virus/spyware scan. That never hurts!
[/edit]

-Mike
www.chaski.com