Thinking of posting pictures?

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Harold_V

Re: Thinking of posting pictures?

Post by Harold_V »

Bruce wrote:I can't upload a picture. I do not have a "browse" button, only one which reads: Choose File. when I click that, I get to browse my files. I choose a photo that I've have downsized to 800 X 800 and after the downloading-in-progress window disappearsI get a message that the photo is something like 24xxx X 22xxx and too large.

Bruce
That's interesting. I have to wonder if, maybe, the picture hasn't been resized and properly saved accordingly. One thing that concerns me is that you suggest it has been altered to 800 x 800 pixels. While that's not impossible, it is a rather unusual pixel count, and is reflected by the fact that the message you receive suggests a size of 24XX x 22XX. As stated, anything larger than 1024 X 1024 is rejected.

I will report this issue to administration, but in the mean time, would you please try posting a different picture, one that you know to be of acceptable size? Post it to this thread, responding to this message.

Thanks,

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
billboat10

Post by billboat10 »

test run
optigman

Post by optigman »

Harold_V wrote:
db133 wrote:I know how to resize a picture !

How do I post one ? There are no details on how to do it !
Real easy, made even easier if you'll go to the page where you reply to a post, so you can see what I'm talking about. You can do that and have these instructions to read by clicking on the Quote button at the bottom right of this post. I'm assuming you're using the default board choice, subsilver2.

After composing your post, look below the box in which you entered text. You'll see a broad blue line with orange text within. The line says Upload attachment. Pictures can be posted two ways on this board. One of them is to host the picture on the Chaski server, which is what this method will do for you.

Below the blue line, you'll see a box, within which it says Browse. That permits you to access your pictures, where you have them stored on your computer. Go there and select the picture you wish to post. Follow the instructions that appear. Once selected, click the button below the Browse button, which says Add the file. Allow time for the picture to be uploaded. Done. If you wish to post more than one, simply repeat. Note that there is a limit on how many pictures you can add to each post, and that's partially determined by the file size of the pictures. Posts are limited in size, but they are more large enough for even the most windy of individuals. They can be overwhelmed by pictures, however, so use good sense.

If you store your pictures off your own computer, all you need do is provide a link to the picture you wish to post. No special brackets or coding required---just post the link.

Ask for more guidance if you're still confused.

Harold
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Thanks Harold.
battleboy

Post by battleboy »

Test
Attachments
Slitting.   Pic upload test.
Slitting. Pic upload test.
1" L.E. Pacific
1” F-7’s
3/4" F-3's
1.5" GP7 “Lackawanna”
1.5” LE Atlantic
Erskine Tramway

Post by Erskine Tramway »

How do I post a picture in my post using the new "Img" button? It apparently doesn't work the same way as the old "attachments" button. It's asking for something in between the two "" sections, and I don't know what it is, or where to find it.

Thanks,

Mike
Former Locomotive Engineer and Designer, Sandley Light Railway Equipment Works, Inc. and Riverside & Great Northern Railway 1962-77
BN RR Locomotive Engineer 1977-2014, Retired
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Erskine Tramway wrote:How do I post a picture in my post using the new "Img" button? It apparently doesn't work the same way as the old "attachments" button. It's asking for something in between the two "" sections, and I don't know what it is, or where to find it.

Thanks,

Mike
Assuming you host your images on the Chaski board when posting, one does not use the Img button. Instead, drop down below the heavy blue line (I'm assuming you use subsilver2 as your board choice, as I do) and attach your images as attachments. This is the most reliable method of including images, as they remain with the board under normal circumstances. Hosting them elsewhere offers a greater risk of getting lost.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Erskine Tramway

Post by Erskine Tramway »

Thank you, Harold.....

I see it now.

Mike
Former Locomotive Engineer and Designer, Sandley Light Railway Equipment Works, Inc. and Riverside & Great Northern Railway 1962-77
BN RR Locomotive Engineer 1977-2014, Retired
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

Also note that there is an intermittent issue with posting graphics interchange format (GIF) files that is presently being debugged. GIFs are better for posting on BBSes such as this one, as the files are generally more compact than other image types, helping to conserve server disk space.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
larry_g

Post by larry_g »

test mill pict
test mill pict
Photo test of mill..

lg
no neat sig line
I am unique, just like everyone else.
oscar g

Post by oscar g »

By oscar g .Changing a fixed handle to a recessed position, on my mill.
Attachments
Folding Mill Handle.6--12-26-16c.jpg
Last edited by oscar g on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oscar g

Post by oscar g »

Changing a fixed handle to a recessed position, on my mill.
Attachments
Folding Mill Handle.3 (2).jpg
Last edited by oscar g on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.