Harig TruDex 030-100 tangent/radius dresser

Buying, selling, trading and for giving away Items of interest to the Home Machinist Community. (Non-Commercial Only) *PLEASE BE SURE TO LIST CONTACT INFORMATION AND LOCATION OF ITEM*

Moderator: Harold_V

SteveM

Harig TruDex 030-100 tangent/radius dresser

Post by SteveM » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Harig Tru-dex tangent/radius dresser

Dresses wheels up to 12" in diameter with up to 2 1/4" convex and 5" concave radii.

24 division indexing every 15 degrees makes grinding angles on the Tru-Dex easy, while tangent "throw" of 1 7/16" to either side of center facilitates tangent-radius dressing.

I have been told it can do "tangent-radius-tangent" dressing by using the stops on it.

Handwheel in back of unit rotates and swings dresser arm keeping hands safely away from grinding wheel.

Vernier graduated to 5 minutes for quick setting of any angle with locking screw.

2 adjustable stops work with stop pin to set accurate angles between index locations.

I've rotated and slid it across and everything is working perfectly.

A few OOPS marks on the arm.

You can read Harig's complete description here:
http://www.harigmfg.com/trudex.html

$450 or best offer. I can ship it but it's about 25 lbs, so it's going to cost a bunch if you are on the west coast.

Preference given to established board members in good standing.
Attachments
Harig01.jpg
Harig02.jpg
Harig03.jpg
Harig04.jpg
Harig05.jpg

SteveM

Re: Harig TruDex 030-100 tangent/radius dresser

Post by SteveM » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:14 pm

More pictures.
Attachments
Harig06.jpg
Harig07.jpg
Harig08.jpg
Harig09.jpg
Harig10.jpg

SteveM

Post by SteveM » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:15 pm

SteveM wrote:Harig Tru-dex tangent/radius dresser

Dresses wheels up to 12" in diameter with up to 2 1/4" convex and 5" concave radii.

24 division indexing every 15 degrees makes grinding angles on the Tru-Dex easy, while tangent "throw" of 1 7/16" to either side of center facilitates tangent-radius dressing.

I have been told it can do "tangent-radius-tangent" dressing by using the stops on it.

Handwheel in back of unit rotates and swings dresser arm keeping hands safely away from grinding wheel.

Vernier graduated to 5 minutes for quick setting of any angle with locking screw.

2 adjustable stops work with stop pin to set accurate angles between index locations.

I've rotated and slid it across and everything is working perfectly.

A few OOPS marks on the arm.

Includes the original Harig wood box covered in vinyl, as though it were a blackface Fender reverb unit.

You can read Harig's complete description here:
http://www.harigmfg.com/trudex.html

$450 or best offer. I can ship it but it's about 25 lbs, so it's going to cost a bunch if you are on the west coast.

Preference given to established board members in good standing.

SteveM

Post by SteveM » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Still have this for sale. If anyone is interested, shoot me an offer.

You'll never regret having one of these. It's just too big for my little surface grinder.

Steve

SteveM

Post by SteveM » Tue May 01, 2018 9:23 am

Anyone out there have a surface grinder? You really need one of these.

Does tangents and radii.

Shoot me an offer. I can't use it as it's too big to fit on a Sanford, so I need to move it out. Tired of tripping on the box.

I have it all wrapped up and ready to ship.

The Harig is one of the best ones out there, probably up there with Suburban's "Last Word", and this is a big savings over the Suburban at around three grand.

Don Bailey of Suburban shows how to use one here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mci8rPXAvKE

Steve