Patio's projects

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH

Patio

Re: Patio's projects

Post by Patio » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:21 am

I think I have most of the working parts in the model now. I may mess with refining the parts for appearance. I also might mess with it to see how animated I can make it. :) But I have enough to be able to produce drawings, with dimensions, so I can take them to the shop, while making the parts.
Most everything.jpg
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!

Patio

Post by Patio » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:39 pm

I started to make the Pulley bracket this morning.
I have a bunch of 1"X5" extruded aluminium, so that is what I will use for most of the brackets.
Cut a section out on the table saw.
20180414_114850a.jpg
I spend a lot of time practicing hitting different measurements, while roughing things out. In the process, I lost track of where I was headed and ended up with a nice piece that was to small and a bunch of chips. That took care of my morning.
This is only .625 inches tall and needs to be 1.25" tall. :oops:
20180414_151705a.jpg
Back to the table saw and cut another piece, close to size. Then after a couple of hours, (Yep I am slow at this) I ended up with this for the day.
20180414_192138a.jpg
20180414_211952a.jpg
It does not look like it, but I removed the same amount of material from all sides, using roughing passes and then finished it.
Tomorrow I will remove the extra from the ends and finish them.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!

JackF

Post by JackF » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:10 am

Nice work Pat.

Jack.

Patio

Post by Patio » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 pm

Thanks Jack, I hope you are enjoying your new home.

This is the work I finished last night. The O.D. of the pulleys is .5".
20180415_185244a.jpg
The bearings are going to be pressed into the pulleys, and I had intended to press the axles into the bearings also, but once I had given them a little bit a polish, they ended up a nice close fit. I will locktite the axles in to keep it all together.

Tonight I finished the pulley bracket.
20180416_212216a.jpg
I did a little draw filing to improve the finish and debur the edges, not that it matters to the function of things.

Tomorrow I hope to install the bearings and start on the Base and potentiometer bracket.

None of the parts have been made without mistakes, but they are good enough for what I am doing, it is just frustrating when I bozo something up.
More to come, I hope!
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!

Patio

Post by Patio » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:18 am

Getting closer.
This may give everyone a better idea of how the thing should work.
20180418_215939a.jpg
I did change the way the base and pulley bracket mount to each other. Originally the pulley bracket would have been bolted to the bottom of the base. I created a slot in the base for the pulley bracket to mount in, and it will be secure with a couple of set screws, that will come up from the bottom. This will allow me to adjust where the base will mounts on the pulley bracket.
I need to make the potentiometer mounting bracket and the main mounting brackets next.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!