Patio's projects

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH

JackF

Re: Patio's projects

Post by JackF » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:24 am

Thanks Pat. :) So...when will the CNC conversions start for the mill and lathe. :roll: :wink: :lol: Then you can turn your drawings into G code and let the machines do all the hard work? :wink: :lol:

Jack.

Patio

Post by Patio » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:47 pm

Hey Jack, never! I would like to end up with a tracer attachment for the lathe someday. I don't think mill or lathe conversions are that great of a set up. If I had the space, time and money, I would love to own a real CNC lathe and mill.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!

JackF

Post by JackF » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:37 pm

:lol: I was just kidding on CNC stuff :lol: After I retired I worked part time at a manual machine shop near me as a helper, mostly Bridgeport work and some on the Sejo horizontal. They liked how I caught on to the work and then put me on a Graziano Sag 20 lathe. That was one sweet running lathe, my favorite machine in the shop. :) :) It had a hydraulic tracer that was used on a couple of jobs, The tracer was big and heavy and needed a hoist to mount it.

Jack.

Patio

Post by Patio » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:29 am

Hello everyone!
This is the last of the modeling I am going to do of the Cazeneuve HBX360 speed control mechanism. It is not perfectly the way it will be built, but it is close enough for me to get drawings from, for each of the individual parts, to take to the shop so I can start making the parts.
The video is about 7 minutes long, and show both the speed mechanism and the control mechanism.
Enjoy!
https://autode.sk/2DXXS7l
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!

Harold_V

Post by Harold_V » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:50 am

Looking good! The micro-switches are a vast improvement over the toggle switch you thought of originally.
Make some chips, Patio. :-)

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

Patio

Post by Patio » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:25 am

Hi Jack, got yourself a side gig? :)

Well folks, there is a delay of game happening right now! I am waiting on a 10 dollar endoscope to arrive in the mail, so I can look behind the apron. The square rod that runs through the apron for the control lever, is bumping on something. A friend lent me an old bore scope, that has a broken light. I was able to see a little, but nothing definitive. I have owned one, like the one that it coming, so I am familiar with it's capabilities. I think it is a screw that has backed out, but I am not sure yet.
So I wait.
It should arrive on the 20th of Feb.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!