ATTN: HAROLD - you need this!

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

Glenn Brooks

ATTN: HAROLD - you need this!

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Harold,

Holly smokes, you definitely need this for your spread. Maybe you should get this for Susan for the holidays! plus it's close by in Onalaska - just drive it home.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/grd/ ... 76332.html
IMG_1721.JPG
IMG_1722.JPG
IMG_1723.JPG
IMG_1724.JPG
Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
Harold_V

Re: ATTN: HAROLD - you need this!

Post by Harold_V »

Chuckle! Well, it sure would be fun to own! Cute little sucker, but a little late. Sure would have been useful earlier, though.

Now then, if I decide to put in some track-----

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
johnfreese

Post by johnfreese »

Deere 40?
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I'm not even remotely knowledgeable in regards to JD equipment, but the listing shows it to be a model 420.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
ALCOSTEAM

Post by ALCOSTEAM »

The loader setup is home made. If that has much pushing force I can't see the loader frame holding up long.
Kenng

Post by Kenng »

there were a few different models of the 40 crawler MC40, 40C, 420C, and 430C. I actually have 2 of the 40C machines one a part machine and the other running but needs a little TLC and the right steering clutches need adjustment or replacing most likely replacing. I used it for primarily snow removal but opted to a pickup snow plow, these things will rattle your bones to pieces. They were very popular in this area for cultivating cherry orchards because they were low profile and stable on the hilly terrain. They are gas not diesel with a 20hp motor on the mc and 40c the others were like 23hp. They are a lot of fun if you are younger.
ALCOSTEAM

Post by ALCOSTEAM »

I have used my 450c a few times to move snow when its gotten really deep or drifted and I was not able to get one of the smaller tractors started. You really have to be careful not to snag the bucket teeth on anything and I make any turns very slow and smooth or when the snow melts you can see the track marks on the concrete drive.