Home Made CO-AX Indicator

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

Wes

Home Made CO-AX Indicator

Post by Wes »

Here is a pic and cutaway view form the cad model of my homemade co-ax indicator. It was designed in Pro-E cad. The center shaft was made form a shoulder bolt, the body is made of aluminum with a steel-bearing surface on the bottom and pressed in bronze bushings.

It works quite well; it has about a ½ of travel depending on what length feeler is installed. It may not be quite as accurate as good DTI but works quite well for general work.
Mosey

Re: Home Made CO-AX Indicator

Post by Mosey »

Wow! That's one for future projects. good for you.
SID

Post by SID »

Wes- I like the project. Would you be interested in sharing your part files? I use pro-e daily, so it would be easy for me. I'd like to build one. I have a twin cylinder steam engine modeled and detailed in pro. Would you be interested in a swap?
Let me know.

Thanks- Sid
Wes

Post by Wes »

Sure I will share the files. I will Email them to you tomorrow. If there is interest I could post drawings on my Website as well.
Bob_W

Post by Bob_W »

Looks like a real nice job. I would be interested in the plans also. I think it would be great if you would post them here to share with the rest of us. Don't know if I could make one look as good as yours in the photo, but may be a fun project.

Bob W
SID

Post by SID »

Thanks-I look forward to them. I'll let you know when I get them and open them up.

Sid