my shop

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

Plastikosmd

Re: Rhode island....

Post by Plastikosmd »

sometimes it would be nice not to be "useful around the house!"

BTW nice site...sweet tattoos

scott
ZINOM

Post by ZINOM »

Hey Scott,

I'm looking to upgrade to a nicer (better) lathe....if you know of, or hear of anything would ya let me know?

I have a Smithy right now and wouldn't mind having a nice South Bend like the one you've got or something similar.....benchtop, not for industrial use.

Have a good new year!

John

p.s. Thanks about the tattoos....my wife did the site, I'm pretty happy with it!
Plastikosmd

Post by Plastikosmd »

will keep my eye out for you...happy holidays!

scott
replogle

Re: what is it..item

Post by replogle »

Could it be a "stop"? Does it fit into the spindle bore? Maybe when tightened the copper expands to lock it in place?
RR
Plastikosmd

Re: what is it..item

Post by Plastikosmd »

great idea...when I get home will give it a try!

thanks

scott
mrb37211

Re: my shop

Post by mrb37211 »

Disgustingly clean, neat and well equipped! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/laugh.gif"%20alt="[/img] Must be the supervisor keeps you on your toes. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/ooo.gif"%20alt="[/img] Chaarles
Plastikosmd

Post by Plastikosmd »

naw...he prefers it dirty...tracks sawdust all through the house..:)

scott
BillH308

Post by BillH308 »

If your in Rhode Island, Hmm, Man I should not be telling you this, but what the heck, go to http://www.bargainnews.com
Ofcourse you will need to drive to CT, but not a far distance, look in the tools section, type in lathe or mill, and be blown away by what you see.

This is my little secret place to look for when I go looking for used items.
ZINOM

Post by ZINOM »

Thanks Bill.........mum's the word.

John
Plastikosmd

Re: my shop..new mill pics

Post by Plastikosmd »

new mill pics uploaded... it is an abene vert/horz mill table is 10x48 or so, powerfeed on all 3 axis and rapid, If anyone has any advice on taking down the spindle for bearing repacking let me know...Otherwise Ill figure it out.

scott
zinom

Post by zinom »

The mill looks pretty different, is it on the short side?, looks stout.

How's it runnin'?

Good luck, and have fun!

John
Plastikosmd

Post by Plastikosmd »

mill is very stout...bout a 1000 lbs more than bridgeport 6 hp 3 phase motor for spindle and separate table motor, 10x48 table, 40 taper spindle etc. When in horizontal mode it is pretty short bout 5 1/2 feet ...taller in vertical mode .It is up and running ....I have not pushed limits, and do not know the limits since I went from a much smaller benchtop mill to this...skippping everyting inbetween... but it had no trouble with .7 inch by 1inch wide (1 inch endmill) cut in mild steel which is more than adequate for me..let me know if you want to drop by sometime john
scott