Christmas Gift #1

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

whateg0

Christmas Gift #1

Post by whateg0 »

My 5 YO son figured out that he likes my multi-tool. In fact, he plays with it whenever he gets the chance. Problem is, it has sharp objects that I don't want him to have, and he takes it and leaves it places. (I have enough trouble with myself doing that!) So, I found a less expensive one at Walmart and set about removing the tools that I figured he could do without. I also ground down the wire cutting edges. I'm sure he'll like it no less.

Don't get to crazy critiquing the surface finish. I had to grind a new tool to fit in the small space next to the live center as I was using up some drops from another project that were pretty short. Oh, and it was 20*F outside, so I wasn't wasting time on anything.

Here are the 2 washers/bushings and the offending tools.

The upper spot in each photo is now filled with an inert aluminum spacer turned on the lathe.

Dave
PixMan

Post by PixMan »

A nice thing to do, for sure. Just be careful about how much he likes his new "toy" as he is likely to want to show it to his schoolmates. What havoc that will bring to your life!

Even without the sharps the school safety nazis will go nuts.