Welding project - Welder/Plasma Cart & new tools

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

kazlx

Welding project - Welder/Plasma Cart & new tools

Post by kazlx »

Picked up a Hypertherm Powermax 30 for a song on Craigslist. Figured I would give it a good home. With a welder and plasma cutter, there are a lot of cords to get in the way, so I wanted to consolidate to save space in my small garage. The rack is still under construction. Need to add bottoms to the shelving, bottle mounting, and mount some casters a friend gave me. The rear legs extend out to help stabilize if need be and slide in to conserve floor space. I have been looking for a belt sander for a while to help with roughing and finishing parts and weld joints. Another CL find that was in great condition that I couldn't pass up.
Attachments
Image00002.jpg
Image00004.jpg
Image00003.jpg
Image00001.jpg
Image00005.jpg
whateg0

Re: Welding project - Welder/Plasma Cart & new tools

Post by whateg0 »

You've probably completed it by now, but I would have suggested making the door side of the shelf with a lower lip so that the door can be opened without tilting the welder. Then again, maybe you did. Looks like it has a nice wide base.

Dave