New members shop

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

ksierens

New members shop

Post by ksierens »

Hello! I am a new member from Michigan. I currently have a small basement shop with a Craftsman drill press, Wards Powercraft bandsaw, Unimat DB200 lathe/mill, disk/belt sander, Buffalo cutoff saw, Craftsman 3hp table saw, and a Lincoln 120 MIG welder. I also just picked up a 1952 Benchmaster mill locally. I enjoy working on old cars (currently restoring a 1970 Dodge Challenger), and have restored a 1960 Thompson wood boat. I also enjoy machining (did it for 16 years), playing guitar and biking.

Here are some shots of my small shop. I will be moving things around soon to fit the Benchmaster in though.

MikeA

Re: New members shop

Post by MikeA »

Hello and Welcome!

It looks as though you have a real nice workshop, almost too neat!

Now you've joined the 'old iron' collectors club with that Benchmaster, I expect you'll be getting a bigger lathe to complement it. Looks like you might do some work on older clocks as well.

I've had a Benchmaster for a few years now and am very pleased with it - small enough to get into my basement shop and big enough to do anything I need. If there's anything I can help you with on that, please let me know. Also suggest you join the Yahoo forum for Benchmasters - lots of information and help available there.

All the best,
Mike
Better is the enemy of good enough!
ksierens

Post by ksierens »

Thanks Mike, I already belong to the Yahoo Benchmaster group, and yes, someday I would like to get a Southbend lathe. (but don't tell my wife!) That will probably not happen until we move to the next house and I plan for a bigger shop!

Love that old iron!
dly31

Post by dly31 »

Nice neat shop! I only dream that mine might get that good looking. I have plenty of square footage and machinery but totally disorganized!
Don Young
Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

Too clean, lets see some chips.
ksierens

Post by ksierens »

Oh, you should see it right now! We had people coming over at Christmas, so I cleaned it up, thought it was a good time to snap some shots.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Love those old Black & Decker Workmate portable benches. I use mine all the time. The old ones were all metal. No plastic like the new ones. A new one probably couldn't hold the Benchmaster.

Steve
ChiefBen

Post by ChiefBen »

That Benchmaster Mill looks good, I wish I could find one for sale around here, and I like that old band saw.
you have the same table saw I have, and I need to get mine on wheels also.
ksierens

Post by ksierens »

Well I picked up a new 1952 Delta DP-220, 3 spindles and an Atlas W-68 table, just love that old steel. Here are some updated shots of my shop:

Now I am going to make a slow speed attachment for it, and a table lifting mechanism like the one shown below. It came with both tables, but the larger one is heavy.

ksierens

Post by ksierens »

Oh, I also noticed that I haved shown my Craftsman 101.21200 lathe either! Here are pics right after I moved it to my shop, and the attachments it came with:

ksierens

Post by ksierens »

Geez, no updated shots of my little Benchmaster in the shop either!

ken572

Post by ken572 »

ksierens,

Welcome to The Home Machinist!

All I can say is, WOW!
What a GREAT,and All
As NEW looking shop.

VERY COOL 8)

Ken. :)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come