I found a nugget of a srewing compressor !

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

ksor

I found a nugget of a srewing compressor !

Post by ksor »

It's way beyond my needs but the price was right for me !

I'll primary use it for plasma cutting and sandblasting and of cause ordinairy use of compressed air.

I nearly finished the installation - look here:

(Translation to the right under the menu line !!!!!)

http://kelds.weebly.com/skruekompressor.html

:mrgreen:
ksor

Re: I found a nugget of a srewing compressor !

Post by ksor »

Today I mounted the last smal things and did a test run ... and what a dream !

Now only a little painting is missing !

http://kelds.weebly.com/skruekompressor.html
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Very nice!

I've used a 5 horse Quincy piston type compressor for many years. It has served me well, but I'd love to have one similar to yours.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

screw compressors are wonderful machines. the oil is necessary to make the seal between the two screws si it is doing all the work. usually the dryer is a seperate unit and you will need to run good traps to remove oil and contamination
to save your plasma tourch tips and extend the life.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I am truly jealous! I have worked around high capacity screw compressors of 100cfm and such, and they are really good at making air. In a small shop, that thing would drive you out in heat production while making air, but the noise would be about the same as my ugly twin cyclinder Ingersol hammering away.

Good find! Enjoy!
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
Jerry_H

Post by Jerry_H »

KSOR,

On the condensation problem at the bottom of the tank.
Perhaps if you can determine how much the male end of the street ell sticks up above the tank fitting you could make several vertical saw cuts that depth or a little more in the male end and the condensation would drain through them.

Jerry
www.chaski.com