Walbro LMH carburator

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

spro

Walbro LMH carburator

Post by spro »

'The engine is so good. It hadn't run for many years. The lower section of the carb is destroyed. The posts for the float pin corroded away. The main float needle is locked tight after soaking for days. Some things I can fix and others, not. The body above the bowl has those tiny cups indicating there are ball valves there and they may be rotted too.
I don't usually ask but if someone has or knows of a Walbro LMH (1A L3) Or similar, I would like to purchase it. As long as the lower section isn't rotted out. Thx .
spro

Re: Walbro LMH carburator

Post by spro »

I couldn't delete the above post. Since it is still here, I will elaborate on it. This Walbro is used with Tecumseh OH160 ,16hp engines . It was on my Sears ST 16 garden tractor but was used with other Tecumseh engines of generators, Husky s and Bolens tractors which also used that engine. The carb looks like larger small engine carb with a float bowl but there are distinctions. I'm speaking as if you were to see one: It is Yellow. The engine side has a regular 2 bolt flange. The other flange is square with 4 bolt/ screw holes. There may be a rectangular unit off the side or port for it (that is for the pulse fuel pump).
Anyway, I picture somebody having seen one of these for I know I have. On a shelf, in a drum. I only need the core/body but the entire carb would be great. One side of the carb, above a mixture screw says "WALBRO MADE IN USA". The other side, on the square flange, "LMH -1A" 1-3
Just trying here for a little more time. Otherwise I'd rather read and see the great projects built and shown. My stupid carburetor situation will go away.
spro

Post by spro »

I would like to remove this entire thread. I have read some recent information about the LMH and it was replaced with WHG.
The LMH had some issues..
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

While the chance of future value to readers may be limited, the thread will remain, as you have provided good and valuable information that might otherwise not be provided.

I have restricted your ability to delete, as you have a bad habit of deleting posts, ruining threads. We don't encourage deleting of posts.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
spro

Post by spro »

Okay.
spro

Post by spro »

I ordered a LMH used carb and received it 10/31. It looks good for rebuild because it is not corroded. Just maybe I get this all together before winter snow. 4WD honkers all around here but they don't clear the sidewalks and paths for the pedestrians.
spro

Post by spro »

Update: The original Pulse 3000 type fuel pump is shot also. I have a kit but it was so full of white oxide corrosion... While cleaning it, there were springs for the flapper valves. A particle exists. The landings of the valves are corroded. IF this was the siege of the city, I would make it work but not yet. I ordered an Asian pump which works on the same principal.