Interesting guys on YouTube

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

discodan

Interesting guys on YouTube

Post by discodan »

Check these guys out. They are into hit and miss engines but I find what they are doing with Briggs and Statton single cylinder engines fascinating. They make multi-cylinder engines like 2 and 4 cylinder engines and a 3-cylinder radial. They also used one to make a hit and miss engine. Pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/user/805ROADKING
JackF

Re: Interesting guys on YouTube

Post by JackF »

Did anyone see how they tied the cranks and cams together?
discodan

Post by discodan »

They don't show that level of detail. Their videos are not meant to be a "how to" tutorial...unfortunately. I had the same question...how did they do that!
FKreider

Post by FKreider »

If you watch their build series they do go into some of the details of the methods. Mike is a very skilled guy, especially considering most of the machining was done on very small "harbor freight" size machines.

First they cut the cam and crank into sections and then they clock the cam and crank sections as needed for the firing pattern and timing they want and then they weld them back together and machine the bearing surfaces back down to size.
-Frank K.
discodan

Post by discodan »

FKreider, that's what I figured they did. I see you are from Sturbridge. My wife grew up in Southbridge.