Impossible to post here?

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

billsand@cox.net

Impossible to post here?

Post by billsand@cox.net »

Testing, testing, one, two, three....
Doug_C

Re: Impossible to post here?

Post by Doug_C »

Welcome to the Board Bill,

Looks like you made it this far. I do not know if some of the problems stem from using symbols in your user name.

You might try using Billsand by itself as a user name, then place your email address in the registration form seperately.

Beyond that , I dunno. 1266 other users are here amungst us. Makes me wonder if some get lost and give up.

Hope NOT! We like to keep things growing! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/confused.gif"%20alt="[/img]

You can always check out the Site Software Q&A and Maintenance Notices and post your troubles there.

Enjoy! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/cool.gif"%20alt="[/img]

DC
BillClemens

Post by BillClemens »

The username you are trying to post under has already registered and is being used by someone else.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.
Bill Clemens

Post by Bill Clemens »

The back button takes me to an expired page. I've tried too many times now - screw it!

All I had to add was that the PIC 16F876 with its analog inputs and High speed would be ideal for a 20K RPM advance and also acceleration advance using a phase locked loop configuration. A MAP sensor could be used to detect the acelleration, advance the spark a programmed increment, even perform a rev limit if desired. 20,000 RPM is only 333.33 Hz - pretty slow for even the 12C508...

Thanks
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Bill - We may have the same problem (which I posted in the site Q&A section). I'm pretty sure a recent Microsoft security update disabled my "back button" when trying to get back to any form-based page (like the one used to post here). Apparently hackers were using this to run malicious code. But, it's a big hassle to fill in 99% of something, get 1% wrong, and then lose it all when trying to go back to fill in the missing bit. You may be having the same problem? Pete
Doug_C

Post by Doug_C »

I can see this as feasible. The PIC you mention is not a stand alone chip is it? I think it still needs external components to support it.

I am not familiar with writing code for a Phase locked loop. If you are refering to a basic looped program that runs endlessly, then I can relate to that.

Even if the time frame of 333Hz, there could be some program steps that take 10% of that to execute. Point is that if 30 statements are used to complete the loop function for monitoring and reaction, there may be little or no time left to make advance changes rapidly enough for smooth transitions.

I know I have not had enough experience to pull it off at this point.

I sure hope you can stick around to help, if I decided to go this route.

I wonder about noise from the coil too. I have one engine that causes the servo's to glitch like mad. After I replaced the metal pushrod to the throttle, things calmed down as expected. That pushrod was like a big antenna zapping the servo and passing it to the rest of the system.

Thanks Bill, and don't give up.

DC