Opposed 4

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

MikeG

Opposed 4

Post by MikeG »

First of all- thanks Marty for starting the IC forum. I have sent away for the opposed 4 cyl plans in the rear of the newest HSM. Has anyone else? I have built one compressed air , one stirling and one air or steam engine. I am also about to start the "powerhouse" engine from Jerry Howell's plans. I have never built an IC before and I hope this group can help with stupid questions!

Regards

MikeG
In the shop; a Jet 8x36 vert mill, Jet 13x40 lathe. Harig 612 SG. Burke #4 HM. Van Norman #76 piston griinder
GaryHelmick

Re: Opposed 4

Post by GaryHelmick »

Hi Mike,
It looks like you are getting ready to undertake a interesting project.
I have built some of Jerry Howell's project and I do like them.
I also am getting ready to build the "PowerHouse". (as soon as I finish the "Lil Popcorn" steam engine.
One of the easiest and most fun to run engine I have built is the "Flame Licker" it runs so good and is very impressive to see yet so simple.
Good luck with your 4 cyl project. Let us know how you make out.
Gary Helmick
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

Gary
How is the powerhouse coming?
In the shop; a Jet 8x36 vert mill, Jet 13x40 lathe. Harig 612 SG. Burke #4 HM. Van Norman #76 piston griinder
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

another pic