Model Engineer; good reading for IC enthusiasts?

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Lee_Owens

Model Engineer; good reading for IC enthusiasts?

Post by Lee_Owens »

I've seen copies of old articles online. They had some really interesting stuff in the past. Articles on building engines, machine tools, accessories, etc. I've only seen a couple of issues at the newsstand. It look like mostly show coverage and steam these days. Is it, or did I just skim through a couple of mostly steam issues?

If it's still good reading for general hobby machinists and IC enthusiasts I'll subscribe. It's gotta beat the newsstand price.

Lee
franco

Re: Model Engineer; good reading for IC enthusiast

Post by franco »

Lee,

This year I gave up buying Model Engineer regularly after about fifteen years. As you say, it now seems to be focussed mainly on model steam and shows. In the past there were some excellent articles and series on other subjects. There still are, but they do not seem to happen nearly so often now. Most of the articles on machine tools and accessories, and general hobby machining, now appear in the associated magazine Model Engineers Workshop, which I still buy regularly. (I still check out ME when I see it on the newsstand, and buy it if I see anything interesting though).

franco
Mosey

good reading

Post by Mosey »

Where can I buy a subscription to Model Engineers' Workshop?
Peter_S

Re: good reading

Post by Peter_S »

Here is one place offering subscriptions
http://www.wiseowlmagazines.com/ME_Mags_ME.html