Powerhouse

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

MikeG

Powerhouse

Post by MikeG »

Hi all

Just finished my first IC engine. It's a single cylinder ( 1 inch bore).
In the shop; a Jet 8x36 vert mill, Jet 13x40 lathe. Harig 612 SG. Burke #4 HM. Van Norman #76 piston griinder
Doug_C

Re: Powerhouse: It's a beauty!

Post by Doug_C »

Wow Mike,

That is some high class finish work. It makes the whole project look great. When I see work of this quality, I can't help but think....Only from the hands of a master at his craft.

Machininig it is the easy part for me. Finishing is where I have the most troubles. Finding the time to do it fits in there somewhere! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/blush.gif"%20alt="[/img]

Did you make that generator too?

Thanks for posting it. The pic would make a great cover shot for some of the periodicals.

DC
cprucha

Re: Powerhouse

Post by cprucha »

Hi Mike,

Great job on the engine. What a nice piece of craftsmanship. Did you have a casting kit or is the model made from all machined up stock? See ya, Craig...

<A HREF="http://www.antique-engine.com">Antique Gas Engine Website</A>
Registered Linux User #157284
JimH

Post by JimH »

Nice looking engine! Is that a powder coat finish or a good enamel?
Jim
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

Thanks for the comments. The finish on the plate is a hammered finish out of a spray can (rustoliem). IThe generator is a dc motor, I made the mounting and holder. All parts were made, no kit, even made the valve springs, cast iron rings etc. It was fun and a learning experience. The genetrator (30vdc) doesn't have enough umphf @ 6v to turn over the engine (to much compression). I use it to run the cooling fan after the engine is running.

Again thanks for your comments

MikeG [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/laugh.gif"%20alt="[/img]
In the shop; a Jet 8x36 vert mill, Jet 13x40 lathe. Harig 612 SG. Burke #4 HM. Van Norman #76 piston griinder
JimH

Post by JimH »

Mike,
I meant the cream color of the frame. Is that an spray paint also? What brand?
Jim
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

Jim
it is rustoleum gloss protective enamel ( in a spray can ) I looked and it does not have a color number or name. Look at the spray can lid for the color.

regards

MikeG
Orrin

Re: Powerhouse -- It's a beauty!

Post by Orrin »

Jerry Howell would be pround of you! Will you be sending the pic for posting on his site?

Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration to the rest of us.

Orrin
So many projects, so little time.