Help with fuel pump for a V8 petrol engine

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

alf12

Help with fuel pump for a V8 petrol engine

Post by alf12 »

Can anyone help????

I am an IC model engineer, my current project is a V8 petrol engine (120CC). I am building this to drive a 1/4 scale Talus tractor. I require information on miniature petrol pumps as I have managed to make one for my engine however, it is working intermittently and I am currently unable to solve the problem. A friend told me that there may be a back issue of strictly IC magazine that covers this subject, but so far been unable to find which issue of the magazine covers this subject. If there is anyone out there that knows of this back issue or has any information on the subject I would be extremely grateful.

Regards,

Alf
Doug_C

Re: Help with fuel pump for a V8 petrol engine

Post by Doug_C »

Hello Alf,

I could look it up later tonight. I do not recall off hand if it were a seperate article or part of a bigger project.

Did you create a gear pump? It seems to me there was something on that now that I think of it.

DC
Doug_C

Re: Help with fuel pump for a V8 petrol engine

Post by Doug_C »

Alf,

This is what I have found. Volume 10, issue 56 has a detailed drawing of a gear pump and and article about the Challenger V8 engine.

Volume 13, No. 73 has a page about a vane pump. Not much of an article, but there are drawings and it tested at 20psi at 200rpm and 80psi at 620rpm. Pretty good for a 7/16" rotor. It does not indicate volume, but I suppose it could be calculated to some degree of accuracy.

There may be more. I am missing one of my index pages(No.'s 67-72) for some odd reason.

I'll never sleep knowing it is missing! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]

UPDATE: I just received the 54page Master index from Robert and was given permission to offer it to those that may benefit from it. This a neat way to search though the pages via the PC. Less chance of missing something that is there, but hidden within another article.

DC