This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

rickguenot2

Post by rickguenot2 »

Hi All;
My name is Rick and I build small gas engines. My shop has a Lagun ftv2, Hardinge Chucker, Alba Shaper, 9X20, Sherline mill and lathe and all kinds of other stuff. I am new to the hobby and always looking for advise and projects to work on. I've built a few engines from casting kits but prefer bar stock. I look forward to being in this group.
Thanks, Rick
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Rick,
Welcome to the board. This forum is a little on the slow side, so if you have projects you'd like to share, or if you have a question you'd like answered, might be a good idea to post on the General Discussion Forum.

If you have them, please post a picture or two of your project. These guys really enjoy seeing what others are doing. It would be in your best interest to read the sticky post pertaining to posting pictures before you do. There are size limits that must be considered.

Harold
JackF

Post by JackF »

Hi Rick,

I'm a little late on the welcome. As Harold says this section is somewhat slow in the traffic area.
I have entertained making model engines as I have friends who have been making them for years. Do you have any knowledge of anyone making a ford flat head V8 engine? I have been unable to find plans.

Jack.
djackimenko

Re: New Member

Post by djackimenko »

Hello My Name is Darryl and live in Canada, I'm presently looking for plans for a merlin V12 and a Packard M2500 engine. I also enjoy making rc planes and boats Looking foward to learn from other members.
JackF

Re: New Member

Post by JackF »

Welcome Darryl,

Can't help you with the plans but we wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your projects. :D :D

Jack