Free drawings IC Engine ?

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Antonio Ramos

Re: Free drawings IC Engine ?

Post by Antonio Ramos »

Helo Mogens Kilde:
I am anonymus that have got the drawings for you engine.
Only two things:
The engine which I am refered in my post is glow pug, but I have another o.5 cc. His name is AlPha.They are 14 archives! they are pdf archives.
that can be built up from solid. It is good then. I only can post an archive once here in this group I think,, so I could send you by other via.( from my account e-mail to your account ??
write in english is very difficult for me. I hope that you can understand That i can say you.

p.d Engine Alpha is compresion ignition engine( diesel)

Cheers.
Antonio.
m_kilde

Post by m_kilde »

Hello Antonio

I think your english is just as good as mine ! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]

I would be very happy if you could send me the pdf's to :
m_kilde@hotmail.com

You are a good man - thanks again

Cheers
Mogens
bmbi

Post by bmbi »

You are in luck; sort of... Motor Boy, David Owen, kindly allowed his "Mate" design to be re-drawn (by moi) and published in the AMA Model Engine Plan book. The Mate drawings are metric, like the original. Hogging the case from the solid would be no particular problem, but does result in a lot of chips.

Just in case you don't know the story, all plans in the AMA book were researched by the "Motor Boys" and re-drawn using CAD. All parts finally being "assembled" into a sectioned GA to assure they will go together as nature intended. The production rights were assigned to the AMA on the understanding that all profits would go to the AMA programs that encourage juniors; the Motor Boys neither got, nor wanted anything for their work. The copyright is still mine though (I guess), except for the Mate which is David's. The AMA ships this book all over the planet at a reasonable cost. Price is US$29.95 and the reference nubmer is 3148. See their web site for ordering information:

http://www.modelaircraft.org

Castings for some of the MBI engines are available from Roger Schroeder. See:

http://www.dstc.edu.au/BDU/staff/ron/rsch/index.html

bmbi
m_kilde

Post by m_kilde »

Thanks ! BMBI

Do you know if I can pay with VISA on this site

cheers
Mogens
oheider

Post by oheider »

In another Life I started a diesel engine collection (model airplane diesels, I can lift one of these). Several people were importing various diesels from some of the behind the iron curtain and other countries that don't have the brown delivery trucks. I made my own diesel fuel using starting fluid either, it worked but the the commercial fuel starts much easier because of the amyl nitrate (I hope I spelled that correctly) in the fuel. The diesels usually have more torque and less revs than the glow plug models and they usually vibrate badly because they use a cast iron piston. Prices were not extravagant and the engines are fun to play with. It takes some experience (but not a lot) to play with the compression and to know (by the sound) when to back it off.
Any model diesel engine would make an interesting project. I am sure that there is still a lot of information about running them to be found.

Otto