1/6 Galloway engine

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

gbritnell

1/6 Galloway engine

Post by gbritnell »

I just recently finished building the 1/6 Galloway engine. Everything was made to print along with the needed corrections.
Now I'm trying to get it running, without much luck. The usual elements are correct, compression, ignition, timing etc.
My first question is:
Has anyone built one of these engines?
Are you using the Lunkenheimer style carb on it?
Did you have to make any changes to the spark port from the igniter cavity into the cylinder?
Is the carburetor extremely sensitive and did you modify the needle any to help it.
I've built and run many engines but this one has me stumped.
Any help would be appreciated.
gbritnell
JackF

Re: 1/6 Galloway engine

Post by JackF »

gbritnell,
Sorry, I can't help you solve the start/run problem but I would love to see a pic of your engine. :)

Jack.
gbritnell

Post by gbritnell »

Hi Jack,
Here's several for you. At this point I just finished the build. It still needed the fuel line and the finishing of course. No sense making it look pretty until it runs properly.
George
Attachments
galloway bn.jpg
galloway bo.jpg
galloway bp.jpg
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Not to be a smart acre here, but treat it like a Briggs, TDC, fuel, timed spark, its gotta do something. A squirt of fuel to prime, is better than a choke, it should at least -pop-.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Auy luck yet?