model engine wanted

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

laurence noon

model engine wanted

Post by laurence noon »

Hi, Im looking for a running model engine 4 to 8 cylinder, must be a running engine, started building a V4 but after 2 years its not getting close to completion, if anyone has a engine for sale or knows of one please contact me

Laurence
david5605

Re: model engine wanted

Post by david5605 »

You better have deep pockets. Can easily cost the same as a real V8 race motor. Best one I ever saw was a v8 old time hemi that could scream at 8000 RPM. Cylinders were 1 cubic inch each.
JackF

Post by JackF »

Laurence,

Are you working from plans on the V4? If so are they complete? I guess what I am saying is if you have plans and they are complete where are you having difficulty? If you want to buy a running engine just to have a complete working model that is fine but any of my friends who have built models, running or not, either would not sell one or would ask way more money than you might want to spend. Most have 100+ hours in them and some have 100s of hours in them + the material to make them and I don't see how having someone else's engine would help you with yours. But then again maybe I am mistaking the reason you want a running engine. In any case good luck in your pursuit of either finishing your V4 or buying a completed engine. :)

Jack.
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Here's a V8 for sale. At $7770.00 I think that it is a deal. Hand built.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Challenger-600- ... 35b850dde2

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
david5605

Post by david5605 »

Thats a nice engine. Now add in the additional time to make one with overhead valves, and possibly overhead cams, and you can see the costs heading north fast. Throw in a 4 barrel carb for good measure. Then maybe a roots type supercharger to up the horsepower.

and then a full sized 528 cu in hemi pulling 5900 RPM and 830 HP

Music to my ears.