where to start

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

rooster

where to start

Post by rooster »

Where do you start on a new project ? i have tools and id like to build a v twin gas engine, do i design my own get plans or what?, I can do castings with my foundry etc etc . Id like to do something like a bike engine , not to small not to big maybe something about a third the size of a reg harley engine flat head or ohv dosent matter, Ive never done nothing like this before but now is the time i get started on something, any advice ? maybe i should just do it im here to learn
solek

Re: where to start

Post by solek »

There is a model motor cycle engine a lot of people build, called a Hoglet. You should be able to find details about it on the web.
ronm

Post by ronm »

They're getting hard to find, but if you can come up with some copies of Strictly IC mag, almost every issue had a set of plans, & I seem to remember a V-twin somewhere along the line-copies still turn up on ebay occasionally...
Check this out, I had forgotten they had a website.
http://www.strictlyic.com/
rooster

Post by rooster »

Ive looked at alot of mini engines and can see where they could be made as a v twin, could be upsized also, most have one cylinder but i can see how two could be made like that either as a v twin or a strait , its enteresting how looking at something can bring up ideas in your head to modify and change things around a bit .