Wahli combination machines

This forum is dedicated to those hobbyists with the 3-in-1 metalworking machines. Mill-Drill-Lathes. Tips, techniques, modification and use of these machines is topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Wahli combination machines

Post by spro »

There is more recent information about the Swiss Wahli machines at lathesUK Worth a look at how they did it and flat ways too. :)

http://www.lathes.co.uk/Wahli/
pete

Re: Wahli combination machines

Post by pete »

It looks a bit like the later Emco machines Spro, and being Swiss I'd guess very well made. Not one I've seen before either.Variable headstock height would make it a small light weight semi horizontal boring machine as well. You should check out Tom Lipton (Oxtoolco) on Youtube and his video of his horizontal jig borer he did a few years ago. I didn't even know they made proper jig borers in the horizontal orientation. With the addition of a variable height tailstock to his there's not much in a home shop that couldn't be machined. And with a fairly small foot print do it all without having a lathe, horizontal mill, drill press, etc. I could certainly find room for that Wahli machine if I found one.