Brand New Smithy 1340 Max

This forum is dedicated to those hobbyists with the 3-in-1 metalworking machines. Mill-Drill-Lathes. Tips, techniques, modification and use of these machines is topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

Agleason

Brand New Smithy 1340 Max

Post by Agleason »

Long story short, I grew up in my father's machine shop. After he passed 2 years ago his widow promptly sold everything. Needless to say, I missed not being able to machine or make anything with dad's old machines. So my sweet bride got me a Smithy 1340 Max as a gift.
I immediately saw the need for a stand alone bench that could be moved when necessary and leveled for machining. The bench is nearly finished, got a few more days to work and paint before mounting the Smithy.
20171130_135639_resized.jpg
20171130_161008_resized.jpg
20171203_170420_resized.jpg
Mccarsones

Re: Brand New Smithy 1340 Max

Post by Mccarsones »

So, how are you liking your new machine? I am on the fence of ordering one as we speak.
Agleason

Post by Agleason »

I love the machine so far... This is a link to my YouTube videos on the machine.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsc1Fr ... subscriber
Lew Hartswick

Post by Lew Hartswick »

Ah ! Just what I've been looking for. :-) Our local organization has one of these (I think it's the same model at least it says Granite on it) and we already have other lathes and a Bridgeport etc. so want to sell it and invest the space and capitol in some other more needed machines. So I have been looking on the net for prices and can't find any place that even hints at the cost without getting into personal details. :-) SO! what is one of these worth on the market?? In good to excellent condition with both 3 and 4 jaw chucks. I've been teaching lathe and milling on Clausing lathes and Bridgeport mills for 20 year but have never used or even seen one of these.
Thanks for any assistance in pricing or advertising this one. I can take a picture after we get it out in a bit more space. :-)
...lew...
Agleason

Post by Agleason »

It's probably worth about $2500.