EMCO Chuck Jaws Update

This forum is dedicated to those hobbyists with the 3-in-1 metalworking machines. Mill-Drill-Lathes. Tips, techniques, modification and use of these machines is topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

len

EMCO Chuck Jaws Update

Post by len »

A couple of months ago I won an eBay auction for a set of outside jaws for my EMCO 3-jaw chuck for my V10P lathe. The outside jaws were missing when I bought the machine and I had been looking for the jaws. When I received the jaws I was dissapointed, because they didn't fit my chuck. EMCO jaws for an EMCO chuck didn't fit! I recluctantly sent them back to the seller, who was kind enough to make things right. End of story? Not quite.

About a week ago I was doing some browsing on eBay and noticed a set of two-piece jaws for a Bison chuck. I had always wished I had a set of two-piece jaws so that I could make my own soft jaws, but what were the chances that the jaws from a Bison chuck would fit an EMCO chuck? I wasn't going to go through that fiasco again. Still, a set of two-piece jaws would be nice, and the seller provided a link to the Bison web site...

With a ton of skepticism I measured my EMCO jaws and compared them to the specs on the Bison site. One by one, the dimensions all matched up. I couldn't believe it. Was this really possible? Was this an example of the DIN system in action? Since the bid price was fairly low, I decided to bid on the jaws and won the auction for $26. What the heck, I figured, nothing ventred nothing gained.

Well, I received the jaws today and, to my utter astonishment, they fit perfectly! What a wonderful piece of luck. So now I have what I always wanted: inside, outside, and soft-jaw capability. I couldn't be happier.

I mention this for those of you who have EMCO machines and may need replacement parts for your chucks. To be specific, the Bison jaws specified on their web site for use on their 125mm 3-jaw chuck fit the EMCO 125mm chuck body that I have. This may not be the case with your chuck, as it seems EMCO had a few different models, so check carefully before buying. Here's a link to BIson's site.

Bison Web Page

And here is the link to the bid I won.

eBay Link

len
Too_Many_Tools

Re: EMCO Chuck Jaws Update

Post by Too_Many_Tools »

Len...you must just live right. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/laugh.gif"%20alt="[/img]

Congratulations on a fabulous stoke of luck and thanks for sharing the information for the benefit of other Emco owners.

TMT
samthedog

Re: EMCO Chuck Jaws Update

Post by samthedog »

I know this is an old thread but thanks for sharing this info. I am desperately trying to find a replacement set of jaws for my Emco chuck and have not been successful. I am realy hoping this will work out as one of the jaws has missing "gears" that have been broken off, thus rendering it useless.

Paul
Speak with the circus owner instead of arguing with the monkeys.