Shoptask owners?

This forum is dedicated to those hobbyists with the 3-in-1 metalworking machines. Mill-Drill-Lathes. Tips, techniques, modification and use of these machines is topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

Harold_V

Re: Shoptask owners?

Post by Harold_V » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:29 am

TomB wrote: Or even if he finds a buyer it may not be someone interested or capable of running the company as it has been run.
Speaking from personal experience, I fully agree.

When I retired, I sold a precious metal refining business that was exceedingly successful. It was so busy that I worked seven days/week, including holidays, trying to keep on schedule. It took the new owner but a few months to destroy a very nice business. He was intent on redesigning the wheel, which I found to be sufficiently round, and lacked a desire for work. When it collapsed, everyone was at fault (I was included) but he. Strangely, it had made a decent living for me for over ten years, with no issues.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

LX Kid

Re: Shoptask owners?

Post by LX Kid » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:52 pm

JT has been very helpful over the last couple of years with my older 1720 XMTC. He's given fast response and gone out of his way for me to help me resolve all my little problems.