Just Ordered a G0492

This forum is dedicated to those hobbyists with the 3-in-1 metalworking machines. Mill-Drill-Lathes. Tips, techniques, modification and use of these machines is topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

Morph

Just Ordered a G0492

Post by Morph »

Hello,
I am a newbie. I just ordered a Grizzly G0492 lathe mill combo and am excited to get it set up working. Never used a lathe or mill in my life but have the desire to make my own stuff. I am having trouble finding a beginner package tooling for the lathe and mill. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill
Last edited by Morph on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill
Jose Rivera

Post by Jose Rivera »

Welcome to this board Morph.

Once you get your machine you'll find out the fun and rewarding feeling to "make something" !

Try to find a person close to where you live that has experience so con can speed-up the learning process plus some safety.
There are no problems, only solutions.
--------------
Retired journeyman machinist and 3D CAD mechanical designer - hobbyist - grandpa
Morph

Just ordered a G0492

Post by Morph »

Thanks Jose !
I know that I will learn alot just from following forums like this one. Just trying to figure out which tooling I will need for beginning and experimenting is a little difficult with no prior experience.
Bill
kermit

start up tooling

Post by kermit »

Take a look at the Smithy site....They have tooling packages for start up. Some of this is Smithy specific, but you may be able to adapt the concept to your needs, then order from your supplier the tools that fit your machine.