NEW LITTLE ENGINES CATALOG IS NOW AVAILABLE

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Highiron

NEW LITTLE ENGINES CATALOG IS NOW AVAILABLE

Post by Highiron »

The all new 80th Anniversary Edition Little Engines Catalog is now available

with a complete overhaul, and more to come in future printings, the long awaited new catalog is ready for purchase. Over 80 pages of castings, parts and information as well as color pictures.

This is the 80th Anniversary Edition Catalog, I am sure many will want to add it to their collection
LE_Cover_2014_Final copy.jpg

to order your copy today send a check or money order (sorry no credit cards for catalog purchase)to
Little Engines
1938 Oreville Rd.
Lancaster, PA 17601

$20.00 for Domestic
$28.00 for international
Benjamin Maggi

Re: NEW LITTLE ENGINES CATALOG IS NOW AVAILABLE

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

Check is in the mail. Hopefully I will be #1!

PS: When I was probably 8 (1990) I saw an advertisement in Model Railroader magazine for Little Engines and ordered one of their catalogs, probably over the phone. It arrived and accompanying it was an invoice for something like $8 for the cost of the catalog. My mother saw it, decided that this was too much to pay for a train magazine, and promptly wrote "return to sender" and sent it back. I never got a chance to read it. I purchased a LE catalog in 2008 so I do have at least one, but this one looks really nice!
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"
chooch

Post by chooch »

Highiron,
I believe I read you are the hew owner of "Little Engines" supply?
I wonder if you also have older catalogs, say back in the 70`s.
Thank you.
chooch
Highiron

Post by Highiron »

Chooch

I am the owner of the little engines 1.5 inch scale equipment I do have catalogs and go all the way back to 1938 however I do not sell the old catalogs they are part of my personal collection and will be donated to the museum did you need me to look up something in an old one for reference for you
chooch

Post by chooch »

Thank you for reply. I will sand you a PM.
chooch
Highiron wrote:Chooch

I am the owner of the little engines 1.5 inch scale equipment I do have catalogs and go all the way back to 1938 however I do not sell the old catalogs they are part of my personal collection and will be donated to the museum did you need me to look up something in an old one for reference for you
LocoJerome

Post by LocoJerome »

Mike,

Just received the new catalog and .. WOW! I was blown away with its quality and content. This isn't some cheap photocopied stack of pages. This catalog looks professional from every angle; printing, binding, typography and layout. I really like seeing pictures of all the different castings you offer. You and or someone has put a lot of time into this and I don't feel a bit of remorse paying the $20 unlike I have with some past 'catalog's. Bravo!!

Jerome
Highiron

Post by Highiron »

Jerome

Thanks for the feed back, yes alot of work went into the new catalog we overhauled it from the ground up

and will try and make the next one even better in a year or 2

thanks for everyones support

Mike
Jerseyjoe

Post by Jerseyjoe »

Mike.
I received your catalog today,all the work you put into it shows - good job ! I especially like that little locomotive on page 56.

Joe.
squandt

Post by squandt »

Hello, My name is Stephen Quandt, I have a Little Engine catalog from 1977/78 that is in very good shape. Would you like to have it? I do not know if you have one but I would like to give it to you anyway. I have had it since it came out, I am building the 4-8-4 northern in 3/4 " scale, same as my great uncle Gordon W. Gorwin . His picture is in the Catalog on page 66. Please let me know if you want it.
stay on the shine side of the rail
Highiron

Post by Highiron »

Hello Stheve

Thank you for your offer , but I have several copies of that catalog...as far as building a 3/4" Northern I am sorry to say I do not offer it, Little Engines was split up by the previous owner about 2004 or so and the man, named Russ Stewart who bought the smaller scales line has vanished

Thanks for your offer, if I can help with the larger scales we offer I will be glad to

Mike