***SOLD***LS Mfg MO-6 Turbogenerator Castings

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

shayloco

***SOLD***LS Mfg MO-6 Turbogenerator Castings

Post by shayloco »

***SOLD*** Found another set of LS Mfg Pyle-National MO-6 turbogenerator castings. 1-1/2" scale. These have had the two major body parts silver soldered, saving the builder time. These castings have not been available for a long time. $250 includes shipping in continental USA. Now $225 including shipping in continental USA.***SOLD***
LSMFGturbo1.jpg
LSMFGturbo2.jpg
Last edited by shayloco on Mon May 02, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shayloco

Re: LS Mfg MO-6 Turbogenerator Castings

Post by shayloco »

Price lowered to $225 including shipping in continental USA.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Not that I have a use for those, but is that intended to be a dummy or a working generator?

Steve
shayloco

Post by shayloco »

SteveM wrote:Not that I have a use for those, but is that intended to be a dummy or a working generator?
Steve
Steve-
They could be used either way. It is up to the builder. There have been several good articles on building working turbogenerators in Live Steam over the years. The internal parts could be adapted to these castings if one wanted a working unit.
-Larry
little giant

Post by little giant »

I had purchased a set of castings from LS Mfg years ago. I purchased a generator from Coles, and fits just right in the castings. I made a turbine vane and attached it to the shaft and fitted a steam line to spin the turbine to power HO model lamps.