Fox trucks

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

OddDuck

Fox trucks

Post by OddDuck »

Finally, I've been able to start casting some Fox trucks. I currently have one pair (two trucks, enough for a car...) available for immediate sale, I will be casting more as I have time and materials available. I am still working on the assembly instructions, I should have those done by the end of this week. I don't have a picture of the kit available at the moment, but I'm going to take a picture of them in the next day or so.
Price is $175/pair, plus shipping. I can fit (barely....) two pair in a large flat rate box. I will update this post as I get more sets cast, it will probably be after Christmas before I get more done.
Pictures soon!
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
jcurioli

Re: Fox trucks

Post by jcurioli »

Hello, what scale and gauge are the trucks?
chooch

Post by chooch »

Scroll way down the page and look for 1896 Boxcar--there is some info.
The person doing the truck castings I think--in 1 1/2 " scale is-- oddduckfoundry(@)msn dot com,
Hope this helps.
Merry Christmas.
Thanks, chooch
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Yes, sorry about that, they are 1.5" scale, 7.xx guage. Chooch is correct with the email adress, you can PM me as well.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
Steampipe

Post by Steampipe »

Very interested - looking for pics
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

I just received mine. They are a great addition to the 1-1/2" scale hobby.

Thanks

Tim
Attachments
Fox Truck 1.JPG
Fox Truck 2.JPG
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
chooch

Post by chooch »

Sorry guys, but maybe another photo of how the bolster fits/attaches to the side frames might help??
I`m puzzled.
Thanks.
chooch
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Well there ya go. I was about to post a few pics, but in comparison to those they stink. My photography skills and equipment leave a lot to be desired. I'll let these ones suffice, nicely laid out and everything. Thank you Tim. I'll email you assembly instructions as soon as I get them done.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Chooch, they are bolted to the side frame from the inside, there is a raised boss on the inside of the side frame that has sufficient depth and mass to drill and tap holes into.
chooch

Post by chooch »

OH. I get it, Thanks. The wheels do the spring/flex, not the Bolster like today`s trucks. I kind of thought that but wanted to be sure.
Hey, you`re doing great.
chooch
OddDuck wrote:Chooch, they are bolted to the side frame from the inside, there is a raised boss on the inside of the side frame that has sufficient depth and mass to drill and tap holes into.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Hooray for the Duck!
Wait until you see his bobber caboose pedestals, also in 1.5" scale!
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
steveleatherman

Post by steveleatherman »

I'm in need of some bobber caboose pedestals and journal boxes in 1.5" scale.
Owner/Operator of BoilerSaver - "Ask the User" - www.boilersaver.com

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D