Pre-Production samples: Maine style trucks

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Joe Tanski

Re: Pre-Production samples: Maine style trucks

Post by Joe Tanski »

Very nice trucks,nice detail,my only suggestion would be to make the bolsters out of aluminum or steel,
Wood just does not hold up,what you want in a truck is easy to build ,paint them and install them and
foeget them once they are on a car.the wood expands, and takes on water to easy, not to say anything about wear as the springs flexes and the bolsters move on the side frames,
Any way very nice job,good luck with this adventure
Joe
Adirondack

Re: Pre-Production samples: Maine style trucks

Post by Adirondack »

Joe Tanski wrote:Very nice trucks,nice detail,my only suggestion would be to make the bolsters out of aluminum or steel,
Wood just does not hold up,what you want in a truck is easy to build ,paint them and install them and
foeget them once they are on a car.the wood expands, and takes on water to easy, not to say anything about wear as the springs flexes and the bolsters move on the side frames,
Any way very nice job,good luck with this adventure
Joe
Thanks Joe, coming from you that is a great compliment.

If you look closely, you can see that the upper bolster is reinforced per the prototype with a steel plate. I'm hoping that is sufficient, as I really like the look of an actual wood bolster. Time will tell if I need to tweak the design.

I keep my equipment inside during bad weather and over the winter, I can only hope others do the same. LOL

Best,

ADK
Attachments
3pt5 final three quarters DSCF2414.jpg
Adirondack Car & Foundry
Check out our projects: https://www.facebook.com/ADKrail/
Visit our ALL-NEW online store: https://adirondackcarfoundry.square.site/

A little locomotive with 4 wheels on the track is a lot more fun
than a 1/2 finished one with 16 wheels on the bench!