Decals / Transfers

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

keith6233

Decals / Transfers

Post by keith6233 »

H!

I am in the UK and i am looking for decals or transfers for a 3 3/4 steamer,as it is a American style engine (RMI Sweet creek )i would like to use a American road name for the tender.

I like the sound of Nickle Plate Road so can any body point me at a supplier for these who would ship to the UK.
steve tune

Re: Decals / Transfers

Post by steve tune »

try highball graphics , jim abbot owns it,
chooch

Post by chooch »

Also try this site. Another quite commonly used supplier of train lettering etc.
I believe at less cost and quite good. Might not be as 100 percent complete Tiny (rivet counter)details.
I use the products and am satisfied with what I get.
Thank you.
chooch

http://home.comcast.net/~miraclegraphic ... meSet.html
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

High Ball Graphics is good supplier.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

Keith...

Do you have a local sign shop that can cut adhesive-backed vinyl? If yes...and you have something they can scan (model or printed)...they can use their software to resize the artwork and give you the size you want. I did this using a G scale Nickel Plate 2 bay hopper...for a 1.5" scale 2 bay hopper...and it worked great.

Problem is, most railroad fonts are proprietary. Other than something like Times New Roman (a generic RR style font), you won't find much on computer word processing programs for railroad type and/or logos.

So, there are ways to find something to suit your application, size and color. Hope this helps. Carl B.
Attachments
hopper2.jpg
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
keith6233

Post by keith6233 »

Thanks to everybody who replied or sent a pm ,I found a firm via eBay that would make exactly what i wanted so now sorted .

Thanks Keith