WTB: Economy injector or similar for Allen Ten-Wheeler

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Miserlou57

WTB: Economy injector or similar for Allen Ten-Wheeler

Post by Miserlou57 »

Looking for an economy injector and starting valve, or something similar for my Allen Ten-Wheeler, new or used.

Leaning towards a brand new Superscale Economy injector, but after shipping, handling, sales tax, etc., I thought I'd at least see if anybody has any used goods first.

Thanks
Soot n' Cinders

Re: WTB: Economy injector or similar for Allen Ten-Wheeler

Post by Soot n' Cinders »

Used is all you are going to be able to get if you need it now. I talked to Barry at SuperScale two weeks ago to order a pair of economies, and he told me he wont have them until September at the earliest. On top of that, the foundry has gone up on their rates so Barry is going to have to charge a little more than $250 a piece when the next batch comes in.
-Tristan

Projects
-2.5" scale Class A 20 Ton Shay

Steam Siphon: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/leavitt ... tive-works
Miserlou57

Post by Miserlou57 »

September? Yikes.

Thanks for the info. I would have called to ask about stock, but I couldn't find so much as a phone number listed anywhere.

Anyone have other recommendations that are reasonably priced? A&K locomotive has some, but I'm not familiar with them.
Oktrainboys

Post by Oktrainboys »

Say it isn't so, but if you are looking for a low cost solution, and you manage your water well......go get a low delivery English injector.....they are typically simple, but usually work very well.